Friday, September 17, 2010

What Music Do You Remember

Another question for your life story:

What music do you remember?

Music has been a source of joy in my life.  I remember singing in church and those songs have become so familiar to me that I can sing many of them without needing to see the words.  Some of the songs were just fun like "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree."  Other songs taught me important truths that are an important part of my life like "I Am A Child of God". 

At school music was important.  Those songs were just for fun.  I remember the "Animal Fair".  I found the following link with Captain Kangaroo singing this song: 



Another song I remember was "Michael Finnegan" which I found a video with a group of children singing it here:  


There were a lot of songs to mention during my teenage years, but the most significant one was "The Impossible Dream" which we sang for our high school graduation.  Sometimes it seems like life is full of impossible dreams, but yet we still have to keep on trying.

What songs do you remember from your childhood?  Write them down.  Find recordings of them to share with your family.  Music can be a big influence in our lives.  Share how music has affected your life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

very nice Jenalee. Captain Kangaroo brought back memories of when my kids were young..it was on everyday. Thanks for sharing