Sunday, January 30, 2011

Volunteer with Family History

I became a friend on Facebook of the Historical Society in the area I grew up in.  Today I saw a short entry that told of my great grandfather using his team and scraper to build the canal that eventually brought water to the little town I grew up in.  I found it interesting to learn that my great grandfather was one of the main people responsible for the canal which enabled the town I grew up in to be built.  It is really nice to have the internet where we can learn things about our family that we might never have known otherwise.

I came across a way you can volunteer using your computer and help others with their family history.  There are other things to volunteer with too. You find out more about it here:   

The Vineyard Logo

No comments: