Thursday, May 5, 2011

What Books Do You Remember?

Here's another question to answer for your story:

What books do you remember?

I was thinking about books from my childhood.  I don't remember a lot of books, but I do remember some.  I can remember reading some of Dr. Seuss particularly, "Horton Hears a Who."  I remember "Mr. Popper's Penguins."  My parents read scriptures to us, and I still have a Bible story book that the cover is missing from.  We had a small set of encyclopedias which were very useful when you wanted to research a subject.  When I was in fourth grade there was a library a couple of blocks away from the school.  We had a long wait for the bus to come after school, so we would go to the library and check out books.  I remember checking out almost all of the biographies and autobiographies in the library.  I guess I've always like to read about people's life stories.  When you write your story, include the books you've read and enjoyed.  What goes into our minds does shape us and affects our thinking.  Make sure to include how what you have read has affected you. 

No comments: