Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Solar Eclipse

What was your experience with a current event? Where were you when it happened? Did you see it yourself or did you hear about it from others? How did it affect your life or the lives of others around you?

Monday, August 21, 2017, a solar eclipse occurred across the United States. I live south of where the total eclipse would be. I had been sick for a couple of days and I didn't sleep well the night before, so I ended up sleeping in. After I took my shower, I opened the curtains. The sky looked strange. It was light outside, but there was a black mistiness to the blue sky. After turning on the internet and seeing the reports of the eclipse, I realized that was why the sky looked strange. I was grateful for the internet and that I could see photos of the eclipse even though I had forgotten about it. It was also nice to see the full eclipse which didn't happen here.

Some day in the future some of your family members may wonder what your experience with the solar eclipse was. Write about your experience for them and for yourself.


No comments: