Sunday, June 6, 2010

Searching for Family Records

Today I was searching for how to find obituaries and death records.  I came across the following website for records in Utah.  http://archives.utah.gov/research/guides/index.html
Death records are not available for people who died in the past fifty years, but they are for those before.  Apparently not all deaths were recorded with a death certificate.  I can't find one for my father's father who I know died in 1923.  I did learn some things I didn't know such as my father's grandmother died from an infected finger. 
My ancestor's stories are very much a part of my story as I am sure much of their values and beliefs were passed on to me.  Finding even little bits of information can make a difference to me.
Doing a little research online may help you find information about your ancestors.

No comments: