Sunday, June 6, 2010

Searching for Family Records

Today I was searching for how to find obituaries and death records.  I came across the following website for records in Utah.
Death records are not available for people who died in the past fifty years, but they are for those before.  Apparently not all deaths were recorded with a death certificate.  I can't find one for my father's father who I know died in 1923.  I did learn some things I didn't know such as my father's grandmother died from an infected finger. 
My ancestor's stories are very much a part of my story as I am sure much of their values and beliefs were passed on to me.  Finding even little bits of information can make a difference to me.
Doing a little research online may help you find information about your ancestors.

No comments: