Saturday, September 10, 2011

What Were You Doing When You Heard About 9/11 Ten Years Ago?

Here is another question for your life story:

What were you doing when you heard about 9/11 ten years ago?

Historical events do affect our lives.  Ten years ago 9/11 was one of those events that as an American citizen you could not ignore.  The reporting of it was every where--on television, on radio, on the internet, in the newspapers and everyone was talking about it.  Where were you when you learned about it.  What did you think when you first heard.  How did your life change after it.
I didn't really pay attention to news headlines; and, although I saw the news headlines online, I didn't pay much attention to it.  When I went to work in the afternoon, the television was on.  The director of the museum where I worked was watching the reports.  That is when I found out what happened.  My daughter at school found out long before I did.  The teachers had told them what to do in case there was an attack locally.  The students were fearful of what might happen.
Now a decade later our lives have been changed.  Security alerts happen.  More security has been put in place at airports to the point of removing any rights of privacy for those who fly.  We are more fearful and less trusting because of what happened.
Write down what you felt when you heard about 9/11.  Write down how it affects your life now.  Write down you feelings about how the world is different now.  Recording how this tragedy affected you can be an important part of your life story.
 

No comments: